So today was the day, I had base coated the remaining 38 gingerbread, cut 80 sets of clothes (3 goes to get the design right so I could use the cricut to cut out, still needed a small trim as I went but much easier than doing all by hand), raided the stash for ribbon, bling, buttons and anytng else we could use for decoration.
I ended up using a glue stick rather than the xyron after some advice from a friend to attach the clothes and pressed flat with my bone folder. It took mum and I about 5 hours to dress and bling all of them. Great to do a far bit of destashing. They are all resting in a box until they are gifted to the lucky recipients safely layered with greaseproof. Not what we had actually planned to do today but pleased to get this job done.